Coconut broth noodle soup (Bánh canh nước cốt dừa)
Coconut broth noodle soup (Bánh canh nước cốt dừa) is a typical dish of the Western region of Vietnam. The noodles are soft but not chewy, made from rice flour, mixed in coconut milk, which is fragrant and rich in flavor. This dish is very easy and very fast to cook, so sometimes I choose to cook this for breakfast, or for days I need to spend more time relaxing, gathering rather than being busy in the kitchen.
- 400 - 500gr rice flour noodle
- 500gr chicken breast bone
- 500gr black tiger shrimp
- 200gr pork
- some mushrooms
- 300 - 350ml coconut milk
- ground pepper
- 1 - 1,5l water
- If you have a lot of time, squeeze coconut milk from grated coconut, it's even more delicious.
- In addition to shrimps, meat, you can add crab or shredded chicken to your liking.
- The broth can be cooked from chicken or pork bones. I use chicken breast bone to cook the broth because the chicken bone is very fast to be soft when boiled, which saves time in the morning.